Charity and Local Community
The Hygiene Angels
At Initial Washroom Hygiene, we know the importance of good hand washing practice and high levels of hygiene, and because of that we have formed the Hygiene Angels to educate on the importance of proper hand washing. Launched last summer in London, Hygiene Angels set a new World Record for the highest number of hands and personal items swabbed during the course of an hour.
Taking our Hygiene Angels into schools on our tour will allow us to highlight to children the importance of hand washing, when to do it, how to do it properly and how long they should spend washing and drying their hands to make sure it is effective.
The workshop will also allow the kids to carry out some fun swabbing and germ-detecting activities, to see how quickly bacteria can spread from hands to surfaces.
Pestaurant is an award winning pop-up event, which will provide children with the chance to sample a range of edible insects, including salt & vinegar crickets, Mexican spice mealworms, and chocolate-covered bugs.
So far for 2015 we have a number of schools booked in to take part in our Rentokil Initial UK school tour including:
Malaria No More UK
The amount raised in 2016 has taken the total fundraising by RI for MNMUK to over £125K and fundraising initiatives during the year included:
- The company continuing to pledge £1 for each new customer signing up our online reporting tool myInitial and for completing e-surveys that our businesses have run with existing customers.
- C2P – Rentokil Initial employees cycled from our head office in Camberley, Surrey to the French capital Paris, covering an epic 210 miles in just three days and raising over £10,000 in the process for MNMUK.
- We have been back out on the road with our Rentokil Initial School Tour – during 2016 we presented to 2,575 children (aged between 4 and 14 years) and visited 21 different schools across England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. For every mile we clocked-up on our tour (2,487 miles over the year), the company donated £1 to MNMUK.
- Vertigo on Verzasca! – Chris Pickles an Area Operations Manager for Rentokil Pest Control followed in the footsteps of 007 by bungee jumping off the 220m high dam in the Verzasca Valley made famous in the James Bond film Goldeneye. Overall the jump raised £1,940.66 in style for MNMUK.
- Tough Mudder – Ben O’Shaughnessy & the Battleship Boys completed a team event that tested their strength and stamina. A challenging 10-mile obstacle course with mud, freezing cold water, electricity and fire was completed to raise over £2,500 for MNMUK.
During 2017 we will continue our support of MNMUK and I am sure our colleagues will come up with ever more inventive ways to do so.